Meet our RCIA Candidates: Let’s PRAY for them!
- Confirmation Saint: St. John Henry Newman
- Connection to St. Ignatius: My wife Mary and I together with our five children have been parishioners here since we moved from Chicago in 2016. Claire, Maddie (and soon Paul) attend elementary school at St. Ignatius.
- What are you looking forward to most about becoming Catholic: Though I’ve participated in Mass for the past 11 years since I met my wife, and had a spiritual communion with Christ … I’m looking forward to fully participating in the Eucharist.
- Favorite new Catholic prayer: Stations of the Cross
- Biggest challenge of the quarantine: Playing elementary school teacher! Turns out I’m terrible at it. Mrs. Shirah & Mrs. Snead do a much better job. I’m a physics professor at South, and I had to learn to stop teaching my children as if they were university students! The other big challenge is that I miss our South students tremendously. Teaching them via Zoom does not even approximate the in-person instruction I love so much.
- What’s helping you survive the quarantine: The amazing weather here in Mobile! If I manage to forget all the limitations imposed on us and try hard enough, I can convince myself for a moment that we’re on vacation at a beach resort.