We are proud to offer The Great Adventure Bible Study Series…
The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation
by Jeff Cavins
A clear understanding of the underlying Scriptural narrative is essential to all Bible reading and study, and for this reason The Bible Timeline is the first foundational study in The Great Adventure Bible Study Series. A combination of individual reading and study, group discussion, and lecture commentary guides participants as they read through the 14 narrative books of the Bible and discover the meaning of each in light of the whole. The Bible Timeline is an immenseley rich study, diving deep into each time period of salvation history.
The Bible Timeline is basic enough to suit those who haven’t studied the Bible before while at the same time offering ways to go deeper that will challenge the Bible study veteran. Salvation history is covered from its beginning in Genesis through the coming of Christ and the establishment of the Catholic Church.
The Bible Timeline has been granted the Imprimatur by Justin Cardinal Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia.
- Read for yourself the 14 narrative books of the Bible-the ones that tell the story-in chronological order.
- Learn God’s marvelous plan of salvation history and see how your faith story fits into “His-story.”
- Study key Old Testament passages in light of their fulfillment in Christ.
- Learn how Catholic Tradition views the biblical narrative and how to use the Catechism of the Catholic Church as a study reference.
- Gain a greater appreciation for the Scripture readings you hear in Mass.
- Lay a strong foundation for further Bible reading and study.
Matthew: The King and His Kingdom
by Jeff Cavins
Building directly on the foundation laid in The Bible Timeline, Step Two inThe Great Adventure Bible Study Series, Matthew: The King and His Kingdom, shows how Jesus builds on the foundation laid in the Old Testament to inaugurate the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. Experience how Jesus relived the life and struggles of Israel to become the faithful and victorious King, and see how the promises of the Old Testament are fulfilled in Christ and his Apostles. This series is an ideal follow-up study to the basic narrative of Scripture taught in The Bible Timeline Course.
Matthew: The King and His Kingdom has been granted the Imprimatur by Justin Cardinal Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia
- See Jesus as the Son of David, the Son of Abraham, the new Moses, the true manna, the new Temple—and learn what this means for us today.
- Learn how Jesus reconstituted the struggling kingdom of Israel around Himself and brought it to a new level in the Kingdom of God, open to all people.
- Witness the seeds of the Church in the foundation Christ built on the twelve apostles, with Peter as His vicar.
- Discover the roots of the sacraments, and see how Jesusí words and actions are reflected in the holy sacrifice of the Mass.
- Watch Jesus re-live the life and history of Israel as the obedient Son who trusts the
Father to the very end, defeats death, hell, and the grave, and rises to new life.
Acts: The Spread of the Kingdom
by Jeff Cavins
Step Three in The Great Adventure Bible Study Program, Acts: The Spread of the Kingdom, builds on The Bible Timeline and Matthew by showing how Christís Kingdom on earth is empowered to carry out his work in the world. The book of Acts shows the Church, enlivened by the Holy Spirit, teaching, preaching, healing, and restoring outcasts in the same way that Jesus did on earth.
The Acts of the Apostles provides an historic framework for understanding the rest of the New Testament. Paul’s letters in particular come alive in a new way when they are read within the context of the Acts narrative.
Acts: The Spread of the Kingdom has been granted the Imprimatur by Justin Cardinal Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia.
- See how the Gospel witness spread outward in waves, from Jerusalem to Judea and Samaria, and finally to the ends of the earth.
- Share with the early Christians the joys and struggles of living the life of Christ, and learn how these apply to us today.
- See how the Holy Spirit guided the apostles into Truth.
- Observe the way the Spirit-filled Church adapted to new cultures when proclaiming the Gospel.
- Watch the seeds of Church structure and authority take root, and see how conflicts were resolved even at that early stage.
- See your place in Christ’s Church, and how you should live day-to-day as a disciple of Christ.