The mission of the Daughters of Mary guides and directs the hour of prayer and discussion.
- Prayer: Spiritual formation in the Marian tradition
- Reflection: Insight into the meaning of the Gospel for contemporary women
- Renewal: Creating a culture of faith for family, Church and community.
The Daughters of Mary welcomes all women who seek a closer relationship with Christ—
We invite any woman who hopes to prayerfully bond with other women.
The Daughters of Mary hour of prayer is a repetitive exercise that affects spiritual formation—forming a community of faithful, prayerful, insightful women, who impart Gospel values to those with whom they live and work. We meet once a week for an hour. The focus of the time of prayer is the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday. Prayers are adapted from the “Magnificat,” and are Marian centered. The time of prayer also includes a spiritual instruction in prayer and discernment (often taken from the Ignatian tradition). All DoM prayer handouts are available for DoM Facilitator use.
- Easter Sunday April 26, 2017Vol. 6, No. 30 Daughters of Mary Instruction 11 April 2017 Lynn D. Clapper The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a mighty act of power. It is the pivotal moment in the story of salvation that tells the tale of an almighty and powerful God and his love for the people he created to worship […]cindywarner
- Palm Sunday April 4, 2017Vol. 6, No. 29 Daughters of Mary Instruction/Palm Sunday 4 April 2017 Lynn D. Clapper Spiritual Gift of the Week We ask for the grace to bear witness to the suffering and death of Mary’s son, Jesus and to ponder all we see and hear in the depths of our hearts. Spiritual Instruction of the […]cindywarner
- 5th Sunday of Lent April 4, 2017Vol. 6, No. 28 Daughters of Mary Instruction 28 March 2017 Lynn D. Clapper Spiritual Gift of the Week We ask for the grace of our Blessed Mother, Mary, and to have hearts filled with compassion, emulating her son in all our interactions. Spiritual Instruction of the Week “We are not stoning you for a good […]cindywarner
- 5th Sunday of Lent April 4, 2017Vol. 6, No. 28 Daughters of Mary Commentary 28 March 2017 John 11: 1-45 In John’s gospel, we are reminded that Jesus is fully human. He expressed His feelings in many Biblical passages. In 11:35 (today’s gospel) John stated, “Jesus wept.” This describes His sadness at the death of his friend. To see Lazarus’s sisters, […]cindywarner
- 4th Sunday of Lent March 24, 2017Vol. 6, No. 27 Spiritual Gift of the Week We pray for the grace to be enlightened by Christ and his spirit of Truth, that we may see ourselves as Jesus sees us, trust in him, and receive the grace of true repentance. Spiritual Instruction of the Week “Brothers and sisters: You were once in […]cindywarner
- 4th Sunday of Lent March 24, 2017Vol. 6, No. 27 Daughters of Mary Commentary 21 March 2017 John 9: 1-41 “I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (Jn 8:12). This is the theme of our gospel reading today. The symbolic use of light and dark […]cindywarner
- 3rd Sunday of Lent March 14, 2017Vol. 6, No. 26 Daughters of Mary Commentary 14 March 2017 John 4:5-42 At the beginning of this gospel reading Jesus has just arrived in Sychar, a city in Samaria. Just a few verses before this, it says that Jesus was leaving Judea and heading to Galilee and that “He had to pass through Samaria.” […]cindywarner
- 3rd Sunday of Lent March 14, 2017Vol. 6, No. 26 On the Third Sunday in Lent, the first of three Scrutiny Sundays, the Apostle John tells us the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well. Spiritual Gift of the Week Lord, we ask for the grace to open our hearts the way you did for the Samaritan woman, […]cindywarner
- 2nd Sunday of Lent March 13, 2017Vol. 6, No. 25 Daughters of Mary Gospel Commentary 7 March 2017 Matthew 17: 1-9 I like to think of the Transfiguration as the Beatific Vision. The Catechism defines the Transfiguration as the mysterious event in which Jesus, seen speaking with Moses and Elijah on the mountain, was transformed in appearance. The transfiguration of Jesus […]cindywarner
- 2nd Sunday of Lent March 13, 2017Vol. 6, No. 25 On the Second Sunday in Lent, Jesus takes Peter, James, and John up a mountain to pray. There he is transfigured into a radiant glory, and appears with Moses and Elijah. Spiritual Gift of the Week We ask for the grace to enter into the mystery of the Transfiguration and to make […]cindywarner
Daughters of Mary, Facilitator
Daughters of Mary, Director
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m.
Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m.